Media Studies, Minor
Six courses (18 credit hours) are required for the minor in Media Studies.
- Transfer students must complete at least three JMS or COMM courses (9 credit hours) at 200 or 300 level Roosevelt.
- No 100-level courses may count toward the hours required for this minor.
- No pass/fail grades other than for JMS 399 MEDIA INTERNSHIP are accepted for this minor.
- All courses for the minor must be completed with a minimum grade of C (not C-) or better.
- All Media Studies (MED) courses transitioned to the JMS subject designation as of 2019-20.
|INTRODUCTION TO MEDIA THEORY|
|INTRODUCTION TO MEDIA PRODUCTION|
|PUBLIC OPINION & PROPAGANDA|
or JMS 363
|LAW AND ETHICS|
|Select three additional media-focused courses from JMS and COMM listings, such as COMM 210: What is Truth/Fake News, COMM 240: Democracy: The Worst Form of Government?, JMS 230: Telling Social Justice Stories or COMM 345: Crosscultural Communication.|
|Total Credit Hours||18|