Application for Graduation
Students expecting to graduate must complete a graduation application by the published deadline on the Graduation Deadlines webpage. An application is required for degree conferral. There is a $100 late fee applied for applications received after the published deadline (no exceptions). Attending the commencement ceremony is optional and separate from the graduation application and the conferral of a degree.
Roosevelt University holds ceremonies in May and December. Eligibility for participation in Commencement is as follows:
- Fall graduates participate in the December Commencement.
- Spring graduates participate in the May Commencement.
- Summer graduates participate in the December Commencement.
Students may request to participate in a ceremony outside of their graduation term by contacting Graduation Services and submitting a Ceremony Participation Request Form. Participation is based on space available and is not guaranteed. Contact Graduation Services for more information.
Graduation Fiscal Policy
As a student, you are responsible for all tuition, fees and other associated costs assessed as a result of registration and/or receipt of services from Roosevelt University. Roosevelt University will withhold all diplomas, transcripts, and other official statements (such as Letters of Completion) from students with any outstanding debts to the university. Those wishing to participate in commencement must be in good standing with your account (a payment plan has been established) in order to participate in the ceremony or receive tickets for guests.
- All students must pay any pending balance to the institution in order to receive their graduation diploma, transcripts, or other official statements (such as Letters of Completion).
- Office of the Bursar Director is responsible for applying the Graduation Fiscal Policy.
- The Chief Financial Officer is the only individual who can approve an exception to this policy.
The student is responsible to adhere to this policy and stay informed of these regulations by accessing information through this page or by contacting the Office of the Bursar.