Business Analytics, Certificate
Offered in: Roosevelt Online
As information technologies evolve, continuing education is essential for IT professionals (whether a veteran or new to the field) to bolster their skills in areas of growing importance. Our certificate programs prepare IT personnel for these challenges. These certificates provide a credential for individuals changing careers, professional development for those currently in the field or as a head start for further graduate study. These fully online certificates will update your technical skills and business knowledge. Each certificate program consists of four courses (12 semester hours*) to be taken in the comfort of your office or home. Roosevelt University offers certificates in the following three areas: Project Management, Business Analytics, Information Systems Security Management.
Today, organizations increasingly rely on data to drive strategic business decisions. This certificate is designed to provide competence in translating data into meaningful insights and trends. You will be prepared to make sound, evidence-based decisions that drive business performance in any functional area of an organization.
Applicants to the graduate certificate programs in the Heller College of Business must complete and submit the following:
- Graduate university application
- Applicants with an undergraduate GPA below 3.0 may be required to complete an interview process with Business Administration staff and faculty.
- Resume or detailed work history
- A two-page personal goals statement
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, regardless of whether a degree was received
- Application fee
Many of the courses in each of the three certificate programs require INFS 401 (Information Management) to be taken as a prerequisite. However, students seeking any one of these certificates can have the INFS 401 course waived based on appropriate documented evidence of their employment or academic background in Management Information Systems. This documentation must be submitted prior to enrolling in the certificate courses. The Academic Advisor and/or the Department Chair will determine whether the student’s background is sufficient to grant a waiver. The conditions for receiving this waiver is stated below:
- Students who have completed a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Students who have completed a degree with a major or minor in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- Students who have completed at least two courses in computer science including introduction to information systems and introduction to databases
- Students who have at least three years’ experience in a computer-related or information systems-related field.
- Students who have completed an MBA or other graduate program during the last 5 years where they have taken Information Systems as part of their program.
|INFS 413||DATA ANALYTICS||3|
|INFS 415||BUSINESS ANALYTICS AND STATISTICAL INFERENCING MODELS||3|
|INFS 417||PREDICTIVE BUSINESS DATA ANALYTICS||3|
|INFS 451||DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEMS||3|
|Total Credit Hours||12|