Real Estate Finance & Investment, Certificate
Offered in: Chicago
The Real Estate Finance & Investment certificate provides the necessary knowledge and skills to be a successful real estate professional or investor with a clear understanding of the terminology, underwriting tools, financial analysis and risk analysis of investing in real estate. Students will learn the quantitative and qualitative aspects of real estate investment decision-making, valuation, and financing, along with the terminology and issues related to real estate and the real estate investment.
The Graduate Certificate program provides a solid, but not degree-seeking, knowledge for entrepreneurs, industry participants who need to sharpen some aspect of their knowledge, and non-traditional students not looking to get jobs in the industry but who want the education for their individual use or accomplishment. If certificate program students achieve grades of “B” or better in the courses, the transcript credits would be applicable towards a Master level degree at a later date. Students who enroll for the Master Degree program will not receive a graduate certificate upon successful completion of the courses required for the certificate.
Applicants to the graduate certificate programs in the Heller College of Business must complete and submit the following:
- Graduate university application
- Applicants with an undergraduate GPA below 3.0 may be required to complete an interview process with Marshall Bennett Institute Executive Director.
- Resume or detailed work history
- A two-page personal goals statement
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended, regardless of whether a degree was received
- Application fee