Media Studies, Minor
Offered in: Chicago
Media Studies is an interdisciplinary program for those interested in exploring the media and their effects and avenues of influence in society, politics, and culture. The Media Studies minor exposes students to the objective knowledge, tools, and skills needed to access, analyze, evaluate and create messages using all forms of media technology. The minor in Media Studies serves as an effective complement to skills for any student choosing to major in one of the social sciences or fine arts fields.
COMM 201 COMMUNICATION IN THE INFO AGE is the prerequisite course for this minor (grade C or better).
Six courses (18 credit hours) are required for the minor in Media Studies.
- Transfer students must complete at least three MED or JMS courses (9 credit hours) at Roosevelt.
- No 100-level courses may count toward the hours required for this minor.
- No pass/fail grades other than for JMS 399 INTERNSHIP are accepted for this minor.
- All courses for the minor must be completed with a minimum grade of C (not C-) or better.
- All Media Studies (MED) courses are transitioning to the JMS subject designation in 2019-20.
|JMS 203||INTRODUCTION TO MEDIA THEORY||3|
|JMS 219||ESSENTIAL MULTIMEDIA SKILLS||3|
|Select one of the following:|
|JMS 351||PUBLIC OPINION & PROPAGANDA||3|
|or JMS 363||LAW AND ETHICS|
|Select three additional approved courses from MED or JMS courses. See departmental advisor for approval.||9|
|Total Credit Hours||18|