Offered in: Chicago
The Journalism minor at Roosevelt University focuses on hands-on professional courses in which students will develop and practice research, writing and reporting skills that are common to all journalistic fields. Students in the minor complete five lab-based courses working with state-of-the-art technology to report stories across multiple media forms. The Journalism minor is a good option for students who choose to major in a variety of fields including political science, history, economics, or the sciences.
COMM 201 COMMUNICATION IN THE INFO AGE is the prerequisite course for this minor (grade C or better).
Five courses (16 credit hours) are required for the minor in Journalism.
- Transfer students must complete three JOUR courses (9 credit hours) at Roosevelt.
- No 100-level courses may count toward the hours required for this minor.
- If JOUR 399 INTERNSHIP is used as additional elective for the minor, it must be taken pass/fail.
- No other pass/fail grades are accepted for this minor.
- All courses for the minor must be completed with a minimum grade of C (not C-) or better.
|JOUR 219||ESSENTIAL MULTIMEDIA SKILLS||3|
|JOUR 220||MEDIA WRITING||4|
|JOUR 305||NEWS VIDEO PRODUCTION||3|
|JOUR 319||NEWS REPORTING||3|
|Select one of the following||3|
|TOPICS IN REPORTING & WRITING|
|THE CONVERGENCE NEWSROOM|
|Total Credit Hours||16|