Data Analytics Minor
Offered in: Roosevelt Online
Students majoring in other subjects can minor in Data Analytics. Students graduating with a minor in Data Analytics will be well positioned to be leaders within their industry, as analytical ability is an in-demand skill set for employers.
Program objectives: The analysis of data underlies the thoughtful implementation of strategy in a number of diverse fields. The ability to convert data into actionable knowledge is a requisite skill for advancing solutions and strategy. Insight and appropriate data varies across fields of endeavor and students must be able to identify, evaluate, normalize and ethically use data to support their causes. Use of readily available data, as opposed to trawling or mining for data, is central to the program’s purpose.
Competencies of the program:
- Analyze data to project trends and identify how the organization is responding to the environment and which of the trends may impact organizational needs and futures.
- Turn information and data into actionable knowledge via analysis and contextualization.
- Use statistical methods to problem-solve.
- Use data ethically.
- Identify relevant data sets in various organizational contexts.
- Develop an understanding of information systems.
- Integrate data use into day to day organizational operations.
- Effectively communicate using data.
Requirements for Data Analytics DATA
|Grade of C or higher|
|DATA 310||INTRODUCTION TO STATISTICAL TERMINOLOGY AND METHODS||3|
|DATA 335||STATISTICS FOR PROBLEM SOLVING||3|
|DATA 350||FINDING DATA SETS||3|
|DATA 375||DATA INTEGRATION & PLANNING||3|
|DATA 380||ACTIONABLE KNOWLEDGE||3|
|DATA 387||DATA VISUALIZATION||3|
|Total Credit Hours||18|